Last Updated Date: September 20, 2023
Information We Collect and Sources of the Information
Personal Information Collected and Processed by Mercalis
Mercalis may Process the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone number, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including for example browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
- Professional and employment-related information including employment history.
- Your signature when you sign a document (including an electronic document) we receive.
Information We Collect to Provide Services
Mercalis may collect your personal information in different ways including when you provide it to us or when we collect it from third party organizations such as organizations that support our business, partners, vendors, and suppliers. For example for business contacts, we may collect your personal information from public sources such as LinkedIn, at a conference or an event, from badge readers and other scanning devices that you use, and through other means.
Information You Provide
When you use certain features of our Solutions or request information, or when you engage with Mercalis as a business contact, you provide us with your personal information. Examples of these interactions include:
- Interacting with us to obtain information about Business Offerings including demonstrations or engaging with us when receiving these services, including when we speak with you on the phone and when you submit your contact information online.
- Accessing our dashboards, white papers, brochures, product fact sheets and other publications.
- Using certain Mercalis products made available online.
- Enrolling in marketing communications such as E-mail newsletter subscriptions.
- Signing documents related to our Business Offerings.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of a marketing email or contact us using one of the methods described in “How to Contact Us” below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We may also collect and receive your personal information when you visit the Site or other Solutions. We use this information to improve the Site and our Business Offering. The following are examples of how we collect information through the Site and other Solutions:
We generally use the following categories of cookies on our Site:
- Required Cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our Site to function, such as providing secure log-in, allowing images to load, or allowing you to select your cookie preferences.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of our Site to evaluate and improve its performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on our Site, such as by remembering your log-in details, optimizing video performance, or providing us information about how our Site is used.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to show you ads that are more relevant to you. We may share this information with advertisers or use it to better understand your interests. For example, Advertising Cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or keep track of when visitors return to our Site.
To manage the cookies that apply to your experience, use our cookie management solution.
Browser and Device Information. Our web server automatically collects information from your computer and navigation patterns when you visit the Site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, and the specific web pages visited during your connection. We may also track data such as the total number of visits to the Site and the number of visitors to each page of the Site. We do not track users over time and across sites.
Do Not Track Signals. Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. However, there is not uniformity among “Do Not Track” features, so it is possible that the Site may not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser. For more information about do not track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
How We Use Personal Information
Mercalis may use your personal information for our general business and commercial purposes, including those associated with the marketing, growth, maintenance, and management of Mercalis’ business. These may include our internal operations and administration carrying out our business relationships. Specific examples include:
- Responding to your comments, questions, and requests, communicating with you about our activities and Business Offerings, and providing information we think would be of interest to you.
- Providing our Business Offerings and our Solutions, including customer service and carrying out our contractual obligations and rights.
- Personalizing your experience and provide user-experience features of our Site and Solutions.
- Administering our business and enhancing our Business Offerings.
- Enabling you to register for an account, submit your questions, or otherwise engage with us.
- Protecting our legal rights or the health or safety of our customers or others.
- Complying with our legal obligations or responding to law enforcement or legal and regulatory inquiries or requests.
- Carrying out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How We Share Personal Information
As appropriate we share your information with:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates for business operations and to provide you information.
- Service providers who provide services to support our operations.
- Third parties when required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, court order, or regulatory filing).
- Third parties to enforce our rights if we believe your actions or the actions of those you represent are inconsistent with our agreements or policies, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies or when safety is at risk.
- Third parties in connection with or during negotiations of any corporate transaction including a merger, sale, financing, or acquisition, and to any successor entities in the event of a transfer of control of Mercalis or substantially all of our assets.
- To any third party with your consent or at your direction, or as we believe to be necessary and appropriate.
Mercalis may also share statistical or demographic information in aggregate form with third parties for marketing or research purposes. This aggregate data will not contain any information that identifies you individually.
Mercalis does not share, sell, rent, or trade personal information with third parties for their commercial purposes. We also do not permit third parties to track users of the Site over time and across sites for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Your Rights and Choices
Based on where you live, laws may provide you with data protection rights; we will honor validated requests to exercise these rights upon your request (see “Contact Us” below for instructions).
Please note that we may ask for certain information necessary to verify your identity and the validity of your request per applicable laws.
You can exercise your rights yourself or you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Your authorized agent must be able to demonstrate authority to act on your behalf as further instructed when submitting a verifiable request as well as verify his or her identity and the validity of the request.
At a minimum, you have the following rights:
Update or Amend Your Information. You have the right to correct the personal information you provide to us, and we want to keep your information accurate and current. We may not accommodate your request if we believe the change would violate any law or other legal requirement or cause the information to be inaccurate.
Communication Preferences. You may choose to opt out of our use or disclosure of your personal information and choose to elect not to receive correspondence from us.
If you are a California resident, see the “Notice to California Residents” section below for more information about your rights and choices.
Links to Other Websites
We use reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access or use. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, please notify us (see “Contact Us” below). We also contractually require our vendors to protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. Mercalis does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 or knowingly allow these children to register on the Site. Should we learn that someone under the age of 16 has provided any personal information to or on the Site, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Notice to California Residents
This section explains the protections that the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides to residents of California.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information. This section describes Mercalis’ practices regarding the personal information (as defined by CCPA) we collected about California residents in the last 12 months, the sources of that information, our business or commercial purposes for collecting that information, and the third parties with whom we shared that information:
|Categories of personal information (described in more detail above)||Recipients to Whom personal information is Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Recipients to Whom Data is Sold or Shared|
|Direct identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, telephone number, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.*||Our subsidiaries and affiliates; service providers; third parties when required by law or to comply with valid legal process; third parties to enforce our rights or protect our rights; third parties in connection with or during negotiations of any corporate transaction; any third party with your consent or at your direction, or as we believe to be necessary and appropriate.||This data is not sold or shared.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.*||Our subsidiaries and affiliates; service providers; third parties when required by law or to comply with valid legal process; third parties to enforce our rights or protect our rights; third parties in connection with or during negotiations of any corporate transaction; any third party with your consent or at your direction, or as we believe to be necessary and appropriate.||This data is not sold or shared.|
|Professional and employment-related information including employment history.||Our subsidiaries and affiliates; service providers; third parties when required by law or to comply with valid legal process; third parties to enforce our rights or protect our rights; third parties in connection with or during negotiations of any corporate transaction; any third party with your consent or at your direction, or as we believe to be necessary and appropriate.||This data is not sold or shared.|
|Signatures of business contacts as part of a business transaction.||This data is not sold or shared.|
* Sensitive Information: Mercalis does not collect or disclose website user or business contact “sensitive information” as defined by CCPA.
Your CCPA Rights and How to Exercise Them. If you are a California resident, then in addition to the rights listed above you have additional rights under CCPA. These CCPA rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions such as when we must retain your information to comply with laws. Please see the information below for a summary of your rights and how to exercise your rights. We will notify you of any exceptions that apply to your request.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose what pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose and/or sell about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to delete personal information that we collect or maintain about you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights. However, we may offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know, right to request deletion, or right to opt-out of sale in accordance with applicable law.
How to Contact Us
- By email: PrivacyPolicy@Mercalis.com.
- By Phone: 919-845-0774 or toll free at 800-561-9423. Our phones are answered between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm Eastern; otherwise, you can leave a message with your request.
- Include with your request (1) your first and last name, your telephone number, your e-mail address, and your home address including your state of residence; and (2) the privacy right you are seeking to exercise.